Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google’s key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
The Sales Development Manager (SDM), is responsible for up leveling our client conversations and creating positive relationship outcomes. The SDM improves the quality of stories the vertical tells and conducts research initiatives that move quickly from insights to action. Reporting to the SDM Sector Lead, you will work collaboratively with the Healthcare director, Heads of Industry, Account Executives, Account Planners (APs) and Account Managers to identify the key barriers for your vertical(s).
The SDM will lead strategy and tactical execution to win in these priority areas by creating research and a cluster of stories for the vertical to utilize. This role will have external-facing contact with clients, agencies, and industry influencers. Your career path could potentially lead down pod leadership, marketing, PR, or research paths at Google. This role will provide indirect management experience through the ability to direct a portion of AP pod members work in support of the national vertical goals. Each AP will have an OKR to support the SDM at the vertical level. The SDM will have discretion over how that time will be used to support overall marketing objectives.it jobs
• Work with the healthcare vertical to help drive incremental ad sales growth.
• Collaborate with SDMs and Industry Analysts/Sales Operations Managers to identify the key barriers for your vertical(s).
• Lead strategy and tactical execution to win in priority areas. This includes frequent interaction with your Industry Director, Account Executives, Account Planners and Account Managers
• Educate the vertical on utilizing frameworks and improving client facing stories.
• Work with external-facing contacts including clients, agencies, and industry influencers.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 7 years of experience in account planning, sales, sales support, marketing and/or market research.
• Superior analytical skills that include the ability to see granular as well as big-picture issues.
• Strong project management, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Proficiency with spreadsheet and presentation software.
• Deep knowledge of managing first and third-party research.
• Deep knowledge of search, social, mobile, display, video audio and local spaces.
• Knowledge of the healthcare industry.